Corona Virus: Advice to Masjid Attendees
- All elderly (over 60 years of age) or those with chronic health conditions (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) should stay away from the masjid and pray their 5 daily prayers at home. In addition, they should not attend Jummah prayer and pray 4 rakaat Duhur at home. This is for your own safety and welfare.
- If you have a symptom of fever and/ or a new cough you should NOT attend the masjid or Jummah prayer. There is a risk you could infect others.
- Make wudu at home before coming to the masjid. Wash your hands regularly (20secs minimum) and especially prior to eating or after contact with others.
- Avoid shaking hands or close physical contact with others.
- After each fard prayer at the masjid please disperse quickly and pray Sunnah prayers at home.
- Try and bring your own musalla to the masjid and Jummah – this avoids contact with surfaces.
- Jummah prayer will be reviewed weekly and expert advice followed. Currently there is no impact except precaution for the risk groups above.
Croydon ICT Trustees